MICROSHADING INFO & FAQ
Microshading is a "permanent" makeup technique using a tattoo pen. This method gives you a powdery finish created by tiny pixelated dots. We can go as soft or as bold as you'd like. It lasts up to 1-2 years depending on skin type and client aftercare.
Ombré Powder is shading that is darker at the tails and gradually lighter towards the front.
You are not eligible for this service if you are:
- Under 18 years of age
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis on or near your brows
- Have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or hepatitis
- Undergoing chemotherapy/radiation therapy
- Allergic to pigmentation or permanent makeup
- Taking skin medications such as Accutane
If you have any questions concerning medical conditions, please consult your doctor before scheduling your appointment.
Before Your Appointment
- No coffee, alcohol, caffeine, smoking, pain medication, and/or other stimulants for at least 24-hours to avoid excessive bleeding. The skin will not retain the pigment well and result in having to come back for more sessions.
- No blood thinners for at least 7 days unless authorized by your physician.
- No Retin-A/Retinol skincare products for a week or two.
- No Botox, fillers or chemical peels on or near your brow area 2-4 weeks before and after each session.
It is very important to follow these guidelines to have the best end result. Your skin will tell me the truth, so please be honest!!
*A full list of contraindications, pre-care, and aftercare will be given after booking.
How long will it take to do?
Typically 2-2.5 hrs. It depends on the individual client. We will make sure that you are 100% happy with the shape before starting the procedure.
Will it hurt?
This depends on the individual as well. Some have a higher pain tolerance than others. We do apply a numbing cream.
How many sessions does it take?
Every brand new set of brows requires at least two sessions to achieve the desired look. There have been exceptions where a third or fourth session is needed.
How long should I wait to get my first touch up?
Your first touch up should be at least 6-8 weeks after the first initial session, once the brows are fully healed.
How long does it last?
1-2 years. It also depends on the person and their skin. A yearly touch up is recommended.